Skip to main content

Crossroad

    
"You are only scared (to make a change) because you can only measure what you stand to lose...you cannot see (or measure) what you will gain" Kyle Cease

A few years ago when I first "discovered" Kyle Cease, I could not get enough of his interviews. I used to work as a per diem mostly weekend hospital social worker and my two hour drive there and two hour drive back a couple days later were literally too short of a drive and I purposely would drive at 65 mph just to get in my dose of learning and inspiration. I remember one day as I was driving back home I was listening to another one of Kyle's interviews on Youtube (he also has his own channel) and hearing him share the above quote was exciting, it was such a validation to me and honestly, something I wish I had thought of 😊since it resonated so deeply with me. In my mind or maybe even out loud I remember thinking and/or saying "YES, exactly, on point Kyle!" I immediately recorded that quote on my notes and wrote it down in my journal as soon as I got home. I love it and it's brilliant and so is Kyle (if you've never heard him before I will put a link to an interview at the end of this post). 
Two days ago, this quote resurfaced as I was having a little bit of doubt about a decision, well more like a situation that has arisen. Once again I am at a crossroad in my life, this one was not expected nor planned. I know that often times that is life, we don't always plan for crossroads but sometimes we can get to one intentionally. That however is not the case for me this time. Despite not being intentional as to where I currently find myself, I have been here before...many times in fact. 
It seems I have never been one to be afraid of change, in fact without change in my life, I don't know where I would be...I imagine it would NOT be a good place (I am a Life Path 5-numerology-I live for change). A few weeks after I shared with my sister what lies ahead for me in the months ahead and maybe the next 2-3 years, she said "I was thinking of you and I was thinking how nervous and afraid I would be to make the changes you are making. I couldn't do it. Aren't you worried?" I said to her "Not really, I am mostly excited and looking forward to what is ahead". However if I am being honest, which I like to be, there have been more than the usual days and moments when I am filled with doubt. I realized that is likely because what I stand to lose is pretty awesome. I am currently living in a million dollar home with a million dollar view of the ocean and Santa Barbara. I live on the coveted American Riviera. I have felt like I am on vacation and truly abundant every single day that I have lived here for the past almost couple years. Granted it is not mine and I don't know how many more years I would be able to live here but giving this up was turning out to be more difficult than I anticipated. BUT in comes Kyle's quote resurfacing "all of a sudden" in my head coincidence? I think not.
Yes, what I stand to lose is pretty awesome but what I stand to gain, although as Kyle says, "cannot be measured or seen" I am betting money that it is going to be pretty darn amazing too! There will be changes, adjustments and sacrifices at this crossroad that lies in front of me now. I have gone to the left at other crossroads in my life and other times I have gone to the right. A couple of times, I have gone neither left or right and instead right down my own path. Which way I shall go this time is yet to be known. However one thing I am pretty sure of, is that whichever way I go, I will continue working on my passions, my service and contribution to humanity and plenty of content for my future blog posts...stay tuned 🙏

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rubber Hits the Road

“Life's challenges can either make you or break you. Let them make you ". Billy Cox I wrote in a prior blog post that enjoying the journey of Life entails several things including, "...dealing with obstacles, struggles, challenges, losses and curve balls as they come but not letting them keep us down..."  Back in April of 2018, when I started my blog post and wrote those words, when I was getting my new business project Vida805 off the ground and was getting ready to self-publish my book, my Life changed drastically. That's an understatement, it was more like a major curve ball came my way. I was truly blindsided by Life's circumstances. I am not sure if I am ready to process all of what happened and how it has affected my life and the lives of so many other people. Not because I am not ready to disclose the details, I have been open about it (there was no way not to be) with family, friends and acquaintances but more so because I am still processing i

The Authentic Self

  "The core of authenticity is the courage to be imperfect, vulnerable and to set boundaries" Brene Brown Of course Brene Brown's quote is spot on and at mid-life and after many, many years of working on my own personal development and self-growth which started at around age 24, I can honestly say, I have lived authentically most of the time...At 50, I'm probably and finally at about 90% shooting for that last 10% in the next few years, what can I say it's hard in this culture with the expectation, particularly for women, to sacrifice so much of ourselves for others.  It has not been an easy journey, especially as a first generation Mexican-American female and daughter of immigrant parents. It has definitely been a process and fortunately certain life experiences early on, helped set the course for me, such as a love for the outdoors/adventure and sports at a young age, interest and knack for academics/learning (came easily) and a strong and courageous mother as a

Final Blog (For Now)

  "Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change"  Jim Rohn         If there is one thing I love, take pleasure in and absolutely need in my life, is  CHANGE! My life has had so many changes and taken so many detours and twists and turns especially in the past 9 years, that I have finally come to understand and genuinely accept that for me at least, there really is no final destination and it really is all about the journey. I say this even though I still have my very concrete goals, dreams and wishes (my bucket-list of 101 goals).                 Photo courtesy of Lisa Fotios Throughout my life and lately I seem to be wondering and reflecting more on why my life has always been so vastly different from those around me (namely my family and friends), why do I need and crave change so much, is it really a good thing? I don't know the answer quite yet but over the years, I have just told myself that I just happen to "march to the beat of my own dru