Skip to main content

Inner Peace

 

"When you have a clear mind you have everything" Jacob Glass

2022 and Beyond New Year's Goal: Inner Peace

Chapter one of my self-published book is titled a Clear Mind, inspired by one of Jacob Glass' lectures, he's one of my favorite spiritual teachers. The premise of the chapter is that we can obtain a clear mind via having a calm mind AND a disciplined mind. In my opinion a calm mind is developed by a consistent (preferably a formal) meditation practice and a disciplined mind is developed through mind management i.e. training our unruly mind (thoughts/beliefs/perceptions). I would say a clear mind is equivalent to having true inner peace. The the end of 2019 marked inner peace as a genuine and common  feeling for me. Of course I have days and moments when I experience anything but inner peace but I can happily report most of the time I feel quite content...inside even if things on the outside are messy... it's a beautiful thing. However, it's been a very gradual process i.e. slow, very challenging at times and a work in progress for many, many years. In fact, the journey to Inner Peace is always a work in progress but these days it is easier and mostly joyful process.

Entering 2022, I am recommitting to my continued development of having a clear mind, particularly returning to being consistent about my morning ritual which includes waking up two hours before my start of work to have time for my meditation practice, exercise and my learning. Although I am blessed to be able to have grown in other ways and had very positive changes in my life as a result of the pandemic, I have not been able to maintain a consistent morning ritual for almost a year. It's been a few years since I have entered the New Year with this level of enthusiasm for my New Year resolution, it's great to have this feeling again. 

I look forward to 2022 and beyond and I especially look forward to continuing to help others to find Healing, obtain Inner Peace and Enjoy Life 💙

To purchase my book which has many if the techniques and ideas I have implemented myself over the years, please visit Amazon link: Balls the Size of Melons

And as always to join me in this journey please visit me at:

Vida Consulting Services

Vida805

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rubber Hits the Road

“Life's challenges can either make you or break you. Let them make you ". Billy Cox I wrote in a prior blog post that enjoying the journey of Life entails several things including, "...dealing with obstacles, struggles, challenges, losses and curve balls as they come but not letting them keep us down..."  Back in April of 2018, when I started my blog post and wrote those words, when I was getting my new business project Vida805 off the ground and was getting ready to self-publish my book, my Life changed drastically. That's an understatement, it was more like a major curve ball came my way. I was truly blindsided by Life's circumstances. I am not sure if I am ready to process all of what happened and how it has affected my life and the lives of so many other people. Not because I am not ready to disclose the details, I have been open about it (there was no way not to be) with family, friends and acquaintances but more so because I am still processing i

The Authentic Self

  "The core of authenticity is the courage to be imperfect, vulnerable and to set boundaries" Brene Brown Of course Brene Brown's quote is spot on and at mid-life and after many, many years of working on my own personal development and self-growth which started at around age 24, I can honestly say, I have lived authentically most of the time...At 50, I'm probably and finally at about 90% shooting for that last 10% in the next few years, what can I say it's hard in this culture with the expectation, particularly for women, to sacrifice so much of ourselves for others.  It has not been an easy journey, especially as a first generation Mexican-American female and daughter of immigrant parents. It has definitely been a process and fortunately certain life experiences early on, helped set the course for me, such as a love for the outdoors/adventure and sports at a young age, interest and knack for academics/learning (came easily) and a strong and courageous mother as a

Final Blog (For Now)

  "Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change"  Jim Rohn         If there is one thing I love, take pleasure in and absolutely need in my life, is  CHANGE! My life has had so many changes and taken so many detours and twists and turns especially in the past 9 years, that I have finally come to understand and genuinely accept that for me at least, there really is no final destination and it really is all about the journey. I say this even though I still have my very concrete goals, dreams and wishes (my bucket-list of 101 goals).                 Photo courtesy of Lisa Fotios Throughout my life and lately I seem to be wondering and reflecting more on why my life has always been so vastly different from those around me (namely my family and friends), why do I need and crave change so much, is it really a good thing? I don't know the answer quite yet but over the years, I have just told myself that I just happen to "march to the beat of my own dru