Skip to main content

Die Trying

 


"...it's better to die trying (to live your bravest dream) than to live sleeping" Robin Sharma


As I enter the last year of my 40s, "I shall die trying" has become my new mantra. Recently, I have said it to others and I have spoken it many, many times to myself since mid-last year. It started as a way for me to remind myself to not give up, to be patient and not let what appears to be no progress plus the global pandemic bring me down. I use it as a much needed reminder in light of the fact that my biggest and bravest dream and business goal has not even begun. It's my own motivation and inspiration pep talk and way to have faith (continue to believe) that I will someday build the next "Starbucks level mega, global business". It's so interesting how soothing this statement (my new mantra) can be. Probably, because it sums me up pretty well, I am a fighter, I am strong, I don't give up and I shall never rest until it is accomplished or I have run out of time. I am well aware that running out of time (in this case, for me, it would have to be an early death-before 70) is a possibility for all of us. I have worked in hospitals as a per diem social worker and know that there is always a possibility anyone of us could not make it home on any given day. 

However, I hope to live until I am at least 100 years young so in some ways saying this mantra, "I shall die trying" is really very soothing because now more then ever before, I understand and accept the importance of enjoying the journey and seeing all the detours, supposed failures and "missed" opportunities as just a part of the intricacy and synchronicities of Life. All of which, I realize will only help make my global social enterprise a grand success someday, that will not only provide the success, fulfillment and wealth I desire but will do so for thousands (or millions) of people. What can I say? I dream BIG and BIG is probably an understatement 😅

In sharing my newest mantra, my hope is that it will do the same for you. For those of you, waking up from the "shoulds" of the world, you know the familial and societal expectations that many of us follow because that is the path/beliefs we have been taught and/or influenced to follow/believe. The "shoulds" of the world often lead to a life void of meaning and fulfillment, often ignoring our soul's deep yearnings and desires. When we start to wake up, when we start to listen and identify our soul's "biggest" and "bravest" dreams but at the same time feel discouraged or feel that it would never be possible for us or feel it is not happening fast enough or even happening at all, despite our efforts, those times, that is when this mantra can help. I have been there many, many times as well and know this, you will move forward as long as you don't give up and give in. Let "I shall die trying" lead you through those moments, days, weeks, months and perhaps (like me) years of doubt. 

My social enterprise is still an idea but I am doing the work needed on myself and my finances to make sure this second try at building a business is successful. I am making efforts although at times I lose sight of that. "I shall die trying" puts me at ease, helps me relax and focus on the journey and will eventually help me reach my destination, may it do the same for you.

As always to learn more about my work please visit:

Vida Consulting Services


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rubber Hits the Road

“Life's challenges can either make you or break you. Let them make you ". Billy Cox I wrote in a prior blog post that enjoying the journey of Life entails several things including, "...dealing with obstacles, struggles, challenges, losses and curve balls as they come but not letting them keep us down..."  Back in April of 2018, when I started my blog post and wrote those words, when I was getting my new business project Vida805 off the ground and was getting ready to self-publish my book, my Life changed drastically. That's an understatement, it was more like a major curve ball came my way. I was truly blindsided by Life's circumstances. I am not sure if I am ready to process all of what happened and how it has affected my life and the lives of so many other people. Not because I am not ready to disclose the details, I have been open about it (there was no way not to be) with family, friends and acquaintances but more so because I am still processing i

The Authentic Self

  "The core of authenticity is the courage to be imperfect, vulnerable and to set boundaries" Brene Brown Of course Brene Brown's quote is spot on and at mid-life and after many, many years of working on my own personal development and self-growth which started at around age 24, I can honestly say, I have lived authentically most of the time...At 50, I'm probably and finally at about 90% shooting for that last 10% in the next few years, what can I say it's hard in this culture with the expectation, particularly for women, to sacrifice so much of ourselves for others.  It has not been an easy journey, especially as a first generation Mexican-American female and daughter of immigrant parents. It has definitely been a process and fortunately certain life experiences early on, helped set the course for me, such as a love for the outdoors/adventure and sports at a young age, interest and knack for academics/learning (came easily) and a strong and courageous mother as a

More Than We Can Handle

“We all have to deal with something. I know that to be true. They say God never gives us more than we can handle, but I say sometimes He assumes we’re stronger than we are. Life is a challenge.” Susan Mallery "God does not give us more than we can handle" Every time I see this written or said by anyone, anywhere, I cringe and silently say "Yeah right". My adopted son, two months shy of his 18 birthday took his life in May of 2018. His pain and inner turmoil was more than he could bear. Life had dealt him and his older siblings a bad hand. That is the honest truth and there is no sugar coating the cards he was dealt, he and his siblings spent 5 years in foster care never being truly loved and hugged by caring parents or adults. My son, Andrew was just 6 months old when he was removed from his birth parents. That was just the start. And like my son, there are countless others who attempt to end their pain through suicide, alcohol, drugs and all sorts of addictions as